Applications for the 2016/17 LUSU Scrutiny Panel are now open to any current student at Lancaster University. You can apply here now until Sunday 29 October.
The Students’ Union is yours. As members, you elect our student leadership, have access to our services and activities, and have your interests and rights protected by us against the University, the community, and even the government. But how does the Students’ Union do these things for members, and are we doing them well? As a Scrutiny Panellist, you will scrutinise our Full Time Officers and our political leadership, and make sure that the Students’ Union is being honest and transparent with our members. Are we making a positive change to students’ lives? You decide.
The Scrutiny Panellist is a voluntary role where you will gain invaluable experience and play a vital part in ensuring your Students' Union works in the best interests of students like you. We're looking for passionate, confident and able students to apply for these exciting new roles!
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend meetings of the Scrutiny Panel and contribute actively to the Panel.
- To effectively scrutinise and provide constructive feedback on the work of the Full Time Officers.
- To monitor progress of the Full Time Officers against their manifesto, remit and policy.
- To monitor the implementation of Students’ Union policy.
- To monitor and scrutinise the Students’ Union’s representative functions, including the accountability of student leaders, the transparency of Union meetings, and communication.
- To adequately prepare for meetings of the Scrutiny Panel by reading briefings and reports.
- To contribute to the accountability and transparency efforts of the Students’ Union.
- To provide and deliver a report on the progress of the Full Time Officers at Students’ Union General Meetings and for publication online.
Download the full role description here.
Apply for this role here.